If you have candida…eating as many anti-fungal foods as possible is vital to beating the infection. These nutritious healthy foods kill the yeast by starving them of sugar and breaking down candida’s cellular walls.
- Apple cider vinegar has enzymes that can control yeast populations in the body, normalize pH levels, and encourage the growth of healthy bacteria.
- Coconut oil is one of the best anti-fungal foods to consume. It contains two important immune supporting ingredients: caprylic acid and lauric acid.
- Garlic possesses anti-fungal properties that suppress candida. It increases and supports the population of good bacteria.
- Onions help get rid of excess fluids, a problem experienced by many patients with candidiasis. If the scent of onions is too strong for your nose, add parsley.
- Lemon juice improves the efficiency of the digestive system and aids the movement of the colon that expels toxins from the body. Lime juice shares these anti-fungal benefits as well. (Related: Candida Auris: The silent superbug that’s already too late to stop – full documentary.)
- Ginger cleanses the liver and helps blood circulate through the body. It reduces inflammation in the gut that stems from Candida overgrowth. It may be consumed raw, as a powder, or as tea.
- Seaweed is rich in iodine that alleviates hypothyroidism, a condition associated with candidiasis. It also helps purge heavy metals and toxins from the intestinal tract and the rest of the body.
- Turmeric is renowned for its numerous health benefits, which include being a potent anti-bacterial. This well-known spice contains curcumin, which can suppress different strains of Candida albicans. Turmeric powder is used to make curry or added to drinks. It is also available as a tea and as a supplement in capsule form.
- Pumpkin seeds have plenty of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These good fatty acids prevent Candida from injuring the intestinal lining. Omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation while omega-6 fatty acids oversee metabolism. Pumpkin seeds also have anti-parasitic and anti-viral properties.Want more antifungal food ideas?
Want more healthy food ideas that help you beat Candida infection?…