Yes you can! When you feel a cold coming on… there’s nothing you want more than to get rid of it as fast as possible.
These 7 cold remedies come from a Dr. of Functional Medicine / Nutritionist (Dr. Axe) who assures us that you can reduce your “cold time” by 70-80%!
1) Echinacea – the first thing you should start doing if you want to kick a cold fast is start consuming Echinacea. Multiple studies show that Echinacea can help you kick cut down your cold and flu time by more than 50%… cut it down by a whole day and a half. Echinacea is very very effective and so…. find a good Echinacea supplement to start using right away.
2) Elderberry or Elderberry Syrup – it’s loaded with antioxidants, vitamin C and immune boosting properties. So again, Elderberry Extract or Elderberry Syrup is the best of the best… and when you’re buying elderberry syrup, look for a brand that doesn’t really have much added sugar or any added sugar. It should just be black elderberry syrup is the best thing you can consume and actually of all the things I’ll talk about… that elderberry syrup may be the most effective.
3) Vitamin C – I recommend a thousand milligrams five times a day. Vitamin C improves circulation and boosts your immune system. There are so many studies out there showing that vitamin C is highly effective. Look for a natural brand… a quality brand when you’re buying Vitamin C. Remember, a thousand milligrams five times a day is highly effective.
4) Garlic – You can do garlic capsules but, the most effective thing to do is actually simply bite down on a garlic clove once or twice and then swallow it… or cut it up in small little pieces and then swallow it. You don’t want to swallow the whole clove without biting into it or without cutting it because then those compounds aren’t released as well in your system. Garlic contains a compound called allicin which is a natural antiviral natural antibacterial and antifungal so garlic will actually kill off the bad bacteria the virus and the fungus in your system helping your body heal quickly
5) Oregano Oil – aka “oil of oregano”… is one of the most powerful essential oils in the world that can help naturally heal your body. Oregano…similar to garlic, is going to help kill off the viruses the bacteria the parasites those things in your body that are causing you to be in the diseased state so again oregano oil. What I typically recommend is about four to five drops in water three to four times a day drinking that right down with a big glass of water.
6) ZINC – We talked about vitamin C earlier as a vitamin… well the best mineral for boosting your immune system is Zinc. So I’d recommend a hundred milligrams of Zinc probably fifty milligrams twice daily of Zinc. Zinc can really naturally boost your immune system support your gut health but the big thing is it’s going to support that immune response in your system so getting some zinc.
7) Apple Cider Vinegar – I recommend two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in your water three times a day. Apple cider vinegar has cleansing and detoxification benefits. When you do Echinacea along with Apple Cider Vinegar… both improve lymphatic drainage… and that’s part of what the issue is. If you have a cold or flu, you may notice that your lymph nodes are swollen when you can start doing the apple cider vinegar and the echinacea both… that’s going to really improve and speed up your lymphatic drainage.
If you can follow these tips above…it may cut down your cold symptoms to 24 hours… or probably at the max it’ll cut down your total colon flu time by a lot of times by 75 to 80%!
You’re going to be feeling better that much faster.