Without digging too deep…
- We’ve Got Your Back at First Chiropractic
- No Skeletons in Our Closet…Just In Our Waiting Room
- We Make No Bones About It … Only Adjustments!
Happy Halloween from Dr. Sam & Team First Chiropractic
Without digging too deep…
A #SmallThanks from First Chiropractic in Gilroy CA
You made us feel really special for many months. Now we’re returning the favor. #SmallThanks
To support more small businesses you love, add photos and reviews on Google:
Manuka Honey is a darker than most types of honey you may be accustomed to…and it’s specifically collected from bees that have been feasting on the Manuka tree, found primarily in New Zealand and southeast Australia.
A new study at the University of Southampton in the U.K. recently reported that the honey from Down Under may be useful for decreasing the risk of infections and helping to prevent pathogenic bacterial colonies known as biofilm from developing on catheters and other medical devices.
Indwelling medical devices harbor biofilms which have been shown to cause infections and act as reservoirs for pathogens. Urinary catheters are often in place for considerable periods of time and are susceptible to both encrustation and biofilm formation…Strategies for minimizing biofilm occurrence underpin an active research area in biomedicine. Manuka honey has, (among other things), well-established antibacterial properties.”1 ~ The Journal of Pathology
The study entailed placing Manuka honey with bacterial cultures including Escherichia coli (E. coli), the cause of up to 90 percent of urinary tract infections (UTIs),2 and Proteus mirabilis, bacteria that under certain conditions can escape from the intestine and cause a urinary tract infection,3 to observe the honey’s effect on biofilm development. Medical News Today reported:
After 72 hours, the team found the highest dilution of honey — 16.7 percent — had reduced the stickiness of bacteria by 77 percent, and all other dilutions had reduced stickiness by at least 70 percent by that point.
Scientists still want to conduct further testing, however, before they advise using honey on catheters in real hospital settings, but as a Time article noted:
Antibiotic resistance is a major problem worldwide. Bacteria can naturally become resistant to drugs used to treat it, and widespread use of antibiotics through the years in medicine and agriculture have contributed to the problem. 5
They say that doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity, yet doctors keep applying and prescribing the same ineffective methods and drugs to and for their patients with UTIs and other health problems, often making their diseases, pain and suffering worse. And all the time, honey was right under their noses.
Everyone wants to be and stay healthy…yet many are concerned that our meals do not provide enough nutrition. So why do we periodically hear medical professionals that said you know what supplements you’re just wasting your money you just turning your pee yellow? Why do we seem to go back and forth on on whether or not those are beneficial in terms of mainstream acceptance? Dr. Peter Glidden counters recent arguments that vitamins and supplements are nothing but a waste of money. Dr. Glidden explains the science and research behind the benefits and says those saying otherwise are using bad science. iHealthTube.com
Why do we need multivitamins?
Let’s face it, due to the nutritionally depleted foods available to us, the fatty foods that we eat “on the go”, along with everyday stress, toxins in the environment, and foods offered at most grocery stores, our bodies lack the vitamins and minerals we require. Many people eat food that is “dead food”, food that does not offer any nutritional value whatsoever. Our bodies are literally starved of proper nutrients. Even when we obtain our food from natural sources, depletion of nutrients in the soil has made it increasingly difficult to get enough amounts of nutrients from our food. Therefore, we all need to supplement in addition to our daily food intake. Read More
I believe you should get most of your nutrition from the food you eat. Some people call this controversial…I call it common sense. However modern-day agriculture practices which rely heavily on the introduction of artificial fertilizers makes this virtually impossible.
PROPER NUTRITION CAN BE HARD to manage in today’s world of sub-par food options, especially if you live on-the-go. Fortunately, you can often time make up the difference by proper nutritional supplementation with vitamins and other natural compounds such as Calcium, Magnesium, or Fish Oil. It is important to purchase products from the best supplement brands which are trusted by doctors and healthcare professionals to provide the purest, most high-quality supplements available.
Now, with…a much better perspective on why it is important to purchase quality supplements; here is the list of the best supplement brands—with the pros and cons of each one. Do keep in mind that any of these brands are almost certain to be much better than any product you’ll find in stores—even your local health food store—and are often only available for purchase online, or through a licensed healthcare practitioner. You’ll be able to find a wide array of supplements made by these manufacturers ranging from some of the best protein powders on the market to very obscure and hard-to-find products that offer very specific nutritional support. Read More
The problem with most multivitamins
First of all, let’s deal with the lion’s share of multivitamins being sold on the shelves, which are synthetic versions that contain a laundry list of isolated vitamins and minerals. These multivitamins may look good on paper, but inside your body, nothing can be further from the truth.
The first issue is that the body can’t properly absorb what it doesn’t recognize. Putting a multitude of laboratory isolated vitamins and minerals together with artificial colors, flavors, high glycemic sugars, and GMOs, is NOT a recipe for increasing your health. Synthetic nutrients that are not found in nature are largely unrecognizable and therefore have poor assimilation, which means that most of the formula ends up passing through your system in the form of urine. Read More
What if you could significantly improve your health with a cheap, one-minute morning ritual? The only flipside…you’ll probably end up making some funny, puckered-up faces as a result. Are you game?
The Pucker Powered Morning Elixir:
Apple cider vinegar has long been touted by nutritionists, doctors and health experts worldwide for many years. Why? Because it benefits the human body in wide variety of ways. Whether it’s enriching and beautifying your hair…or searching for a new healthy way of attacking lingering allergies…or even promoting a healthier digestive system, apple cider vinegar benefits overall human health naturally and cost effectively.
Since apple cider vinegar is fairly acidic and sour in taste, here are two recommendations:
How Apple Cider Vinegar Boosts Your Health:
Huge amounts of evidence of apple cider vinegar’s amazing health benefits continually manifest. This pungent, orange-hued liquid is rife with amino acids along with antiseptic, acetic and lactic acid. In layman’s terms, apple cider vinegar will destroy harmful yeasts and bacteria in your gut. Additional benefits of apple cider vinegar consumption include the following:
By stimulating healthy bacteria production in the digestive track while spiking energy and balancing one’s pH level…Apple cider vinegar promotes a more balanced pH level that makes you more capable of combating sickness. It also tends to clean out the lymphatic system and break apart mucus buildup, according to several studies. The benefit? …your body is better capable of retaining water and warding off swelling as well as congestion. It is also important to note that the presence of acetic acid in apple cider vinegar ameliorates the release of iron from food during the digestive process. This increase in iron absorption allows the body to make better use of oxygen, which consequently causes more energy to be consumed and ultimately results in weight loss.
Why Morning Apple Cider Vinegar So Important?:
It suppresses appetite…combats cravings and prevents over-eating. It’s all about the acetic acid and pectin fiber…almost like magic!
Since Chiropractic is a profession with a wide variety of practice philosophies and techniques, selecting the best chiropractor for your needs can be challenging. By it’s unique nature, chiropractic treatment is a physical procedure…and new patients should give consideration comfort levels as to doctor-patient rapport as well as the doctor’s joint manipulation style compatibility.
Knowing exactly what your Insurance Covers is a basic first step in this process. It’s a practical matter to receive the most possible from your insurance benefits while paying the least out-of-pocket for your care. If choosing a chiropractor who participates in your plan is vital to your situation, then put it at the top of your list. That said…you should still consider credentials and experience as highly important criteria in your decision process.
1. Check Referrals – Ask family, friends and other healthcare providers for recommendations. Take the time to research the chiropractors’ credentials and experience on the more substantial Online Reviews sites like Google, Bing, Wellness and Healthgrades. Reading the thoughts and responses from patient experiences can provide insight into how the chiropractor provides care, as well as how his or her practice is operated. Give a quick call each Chiropractor’s office to verify whether they are even accepting new patients. If they are, schedule an appointment to meet the chiropractor in person for a consultation.
2. Research the Chiropractor’s Credentials – Verifying that your prospective Chiropractor is indeed properly licensed is a minimum preliminary step in your research. It signifies that the chiropractor has the necessary training, skills and experience to provide chiropractic care. Confirming the absence of any malpractice claims or disciplinary actions is also part of this step. Usually you can find a chiropractor’s medical training and certifications and other history on state licensing websites.
3. Chiropractor’s Experience Level – Experience is always important…especially in the case of musculoskeletal or spine health issues. The more experience a chiropractor has with a condition or procedure, the better your results are likely to be. Ask how many patients with your specific condition the chiropractor has treated. If you need a specific procedure, ask how many of the procedures the chiropractor has performed and find out about complication rates—complications the chiropractor has encountered as well as your own risk of complications.
4. Gender Preference – Being comfortable with openly discussing personal information is critical…so if your Chiropractor’s gender helps, factor it into your decision process. Chiropractors are becoming more skilled in caring for women and men differently. Ask the chiropractor about his or her recent training and experience specifically related to your condition and your gender.
5. Communication Style Compatibility – When you first meet the chiropractor, ask a thoughtful question that’s pertinent to your situation…and consider they respond. Do you feel your questions are welcomed? …and answer them in ways that you can understand? Find a chiropractor who shows an interest in getting to know you, who will consider your treatment preferences, and who will respect your decision-making process.
Small businesses create nearly seven out of every ten new private sector jobs and employ half the private sector work force. They represent 99.7% of all U.S. businesses with employees and have created 63% of the net new jobs over the last 20 years. ~ Congressman Steve Chabot (R-OH) ~ Forbes
Yes, we are in the process of creating a FANTASTIC new web presence!
But, otherwise…it’s business as usual.
Please Call for appointments:
Need Directions? See Contact Us!